Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Super Easy Baked Chicken Breasts

This is a recipe from my childhood. As latch-key kids, my sister and I had a few (or more) days of the week we came home and we made dinner. I don't know what age she started, but I was age ~12 when I started making the easy family recipes. I recall making this one about once every week or two until I moved out. And it was one of the recipes I made once I got married for a number of years. If you are a beginning omnivore cook, then this is a good recipe to have on your regular routine.



Ingredients:
Chicken breasts
crackers or bread crumbs
Oil
2-3 eggs

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 325. 
  2. Cover a lipped cookie sheet with a thin film of oil. 
  3. Crumble crackers into a bowl (place between wax paper and smash with rolling pin) with salt and pepper, garlic salt, and minced onion. 
  4. Crack eggs in a large bowl, and mix with a fork. 
  5. Roll chicken in eggs then bounce in cracker crumbs. 
  6. Put chicken on the pan. 
  7. Bake for 30 min, or internal temperature is 165.


Notes:

  • Depending on the size of chicken breasts (and other items served), 0.5 - 1 breast per person. You use as many breasts and as much cracker/bread crumbs as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment