This is a meal from the Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor. It is one serving pictured. I make changes to the original recipes to fit my tastebuds.
up to 1 cup vegetable broth
½ small onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tsp ground cumin
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 cooked potato, diced
5-oz fresh spinach
½-1 tbsp nutritional yeast
¾ cup refried beans (warmed)
6 corn tortillas
½ cup salsa
- Sauté onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add cumin, stirring to coat.
- Add bell peppers and cook until almost tender, adding broth as needed.
- Add potato pieces, cover and simmer, cooking until potatoes and peppers are very tender and potatoes have taken on broth coloring. (Add more broth as needed during cooking).
- Turn off heat and add spinach, stirring to cook down and incorporate.
- Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with nutritional yeast.
- Mash potatoes partially (optional). 9
- Stir to combine and set aside.
- Spread warm refried beans on tortillas and top with potato mixture.
- Spoon salsa on top or on the side.
- Serves 2
- Per serving: 412 calories, 4.5g fat, 79.8g carbs, 17.7g fiber, 7.6g sugars, 19g protein
- Add corn or guacamole