This was a great, if messy, breakfast. During the berry season, you can have lovely fresh fruits for it. I got the original recipe (altered here) from the Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor.
2 oz vanilla or berry vegan yogurt
2 tsp orange marmalade
dash ground cardamom
¼ cup sliced berries of your choice
¼ cup sliced 2nd type of berries of your choice
- In a bowl, mix yogurt, marmalade, and cardamom until well combined.
- Slather on to pita.
- Top with mixed berries and orange zest.
- Serves 1
- Per serving: 284 calories, 2.6g fat, 56.7g carbs, 7.4g fiber, 17.5g sugars, 10.1g protein
- The original recipe called for strawberries and blueberries. I subbed red grapes for blueberries since I don't care for blueberries. You could really use grapes or berries or citrus (orange) slices for either portion of the quarter cup of berries.
- You could probably sub jam/jelly/preserves flavor of your choice in for marmalade.
- I rolled it up into a wrap.