1 lb ground beef
1 lbs ground pork
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tsp poultry seasoning
2 tbsp salt
1 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp sage
1 tsp pepper
1 cup water
medium onion, chopped
2 9-inch pie crusts, with top
- Cook the potatoes and mash them until smooth.
- Combine ground beef, ground pork, onion and garlic in a large pan or skillet.
- Cook on high, stirring often, until the meat is cooked through (no pink).
- Add the spices and seasonings, and water.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and simmer another 10 minutes
- Remove the cooked meat from heat and mix in the mashed potatoes. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Once the mixture is cool, spoon mixture into your pie shells and cover each with their top crusts.
- Slash each top crust, making a small hole.
- Bake at 425F for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 300 and back for 25 minutes more.
- Recipe make 2 pies.
- Time to make is approximately 2.5 hours, including prep and baking.
- Pies may be prepared and frozen, but freeze before baking. Thaw before baking or increase baking time to accommodate being frozen.