This might surprise you, but it turns out that I kind of collect chili recipes. Only those I like, of course. This one is an interesting take on chili. I got it from the Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor.
2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
2 cups pineapple (frozen okay, thawing might be good)
1 cup tropical salsa
30-oz can black beans (undrained)
1 tbsp chili powder
15-oz tomato sauce
- Sauté onion and bell peppers until onion is translucent and bell peppers have softened.
- Add pineapple, salsa, beans (plus bean liquid from 1 can for a thicker chilioptional), chili powder and tomato sauce.
- Cook until thoroughly warm.
- Transfer 1-cup (or more) to a blender and process until smooth or partly smooth OR use an immersion blender.
- Stir blended portion back into remaining chili.
- Heat over low until thoroughly warm.
- Let chili rest 10 minutes.
- Top with guacamole.
- Serves 4
- Per serving: 421 calories, 12.3g fat, 66g caarbs, 18.9g fiber, 19.6g sugars, 16.2g protein
- You can add hot sauce if you like to spice it up.
- You can also top with green onions.
- For omnivores, you could add some ground meat of your choice, but it really doesn't need it.
- You can half this to make only 2 servings, which is what I did.