This was amazing. I really like lentils, and there is a fabulous flavor combination here. I got the original recipe from Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor.
1 zucchini, sliced in half moons
1-2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
5-oz cherry tomatoes, or grape tomatoes, or combo of small tomatoes, sliced
⅓ cup corn
¾ cup cooked lentils
¼ cup salsa
- Heat a skillet, and add ¼-cup water.
- Add zucchini and Taco Seasoning.
- Cook for a few minutes, until zucchini is just becoming tender.
- Add tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes start to soften.
- Add corn and cooked lentils.
- Continue to cook until vegetables reach desired tenderness, stirring constantly and adding water as needed.
- Top with salsa and serve.
- Serves 1
- Per serving: 386 calories, 1.7g fat, 72.2g carbs, 27.1g fiber, 11.6g sugars, 24.6g protein
- You can add hot sauce if you like.