Another dessert for breakfast. In fact, I could post this just as easily as a dessert. I like oatmeal, I like chocolate, I like cake, I like lava cake. This will do. I got the original recipe from Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor, but I've modified it to be even more chocolatey!
⅓ cup dry rolled oats
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder
¼ tsp baking powder
⅓ cup (2.5-oz) chocolate soy or almond milk
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp chocolate chips or 1 square of chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F and set aside a small ramekin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, cocoa, baking powder, and pinch of salt.
- Stir in milk, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Mix well and transfer half to the ramekin.
- Place the chocolate chips or chocolate square on top, in the center, so that no part of it is touching the sides.
- Pour the rest of the oatmeal over chocolate, using your fingers to press down lightly and spread the mixture.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until the top is slightly firm and dry.
- Let cool a few minutes, but serve warm.