1/2 c. slivered almonds
2 medium apples
1 1/2 c. nut milk, or other milk
2 T. maple syrup
1 1/2 c. thick rolled oats
1/4 c. soy protein powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325ºF and spread almonds on a baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Let cool.
- Get out a large storage tub or bowl and quarter the apples, removing the cores but leaving the skin. Grate the apples into the bowl, and then add all of the remaining ingredients, including almonds. Stir. Cover tightly and place in refrigerator overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Stir and serve cold, or microwave for 2 minutes per bowl.
- Makes about 4 cups.
- Nutrition given per 1/2 cup, which I found to be a good serving size.
- I did not use soy protein powder.
- Pin It