1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 cup pumpkin ale
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pumpkin Spice-Cream Cheese Frosting
8 ounces cream cheese, cold
5 TBS unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tsps vanilla
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsps pumpkin spice (more or less as desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liners until 2/3 full.
- Bake cupcakes for 19-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- \Cool completely.
- Frost and decorate!
Spice-Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in 1/3 of the powdered sugar at a time, mixing until smooth.
- Add in pumpkin spice, mixing until fully blended.
- This recipe will give you stiff frosting that is easily piped onto a cupcake. Cut a hole in the bottom corner of a plastic bag, and fill with the frosting. Frost cupcakes then top with a quick shake of pumpkin spice.