1 lb penne or spiral pasta
1 Tbsp vegan butter
3/4 C unsweetened almond milk
1 Tbsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
1/4 tsp garlic powder
6 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 C canned pumpkin puree
salt and pepper to taste
3-5 leaves swiss chard, chopped
1/2 C pine nuts
optional: red pepper flakes for some spice
- Cook your pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the vegan butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- In a separate bowl whisk the milk, arrowroot, and garlic powder and then add this into the pan.
- Add the nutritional yeast and salt & pepper. Continue to whisk until the sauce has thickened.
- Add in the canned pumpkin and whisk until heated.
- Toast the pine nuts in the oven for 5-10 minutes at about 250ºF until slightly browned.
- Combine the cooked pasta with the sauce, and add in the chopped swiss chard. Stir until combined and let sit for a few minutes to let the chard wilt a little.
- Serve topped with the toasted pine nuts.
- Says feeds 4-6, but I got 8 servings out of it.
- Original Recipe
- It's about 320 Calories/serving for 8 servings, with 71 g carbs, 6 g fat, 17 g protein, and 6 g fiber.