Friday, October 26, 2012

Dessert: Frosted Pumpkin Cookies

The Clever Housewife started following me on twitter, and her pumpkin donuts recipe intrigued me. We conversed, and she directed me to these pumpkin cookies. You already know how I love all things pumpkin. The cookies were already vegan, and I "veganized" the frosting, which turned out well. These are quite easy.


Ingredients:
Cookies:

1 cup all vegetable shortening
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups pumpkin (about 1 15 oz can)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
Frosting:
3 tbs vegan butter
4 tsp almond milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla
Directions:
  1. Mix first 7 ingredients until smooth. 
  2. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. 

For frosting: 
  1. Dissolve first three ingredients in saucepan. 
  2. Cool, then stir in powdered sugar and vanilla.
  3.  Frost cookies while the cookies are still hot.

Other details:
  • The original recipe called for 1 cup butterscotch chips, but I left them out. It also called for milk (assumed dairy) and butter (assumed dairy) in the frosting.
  •  Makes about 3 dozen. (I got about 44 out, but I just used a large spoon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment