2 Tablespoons butter
sea salt, a pinch of
2 leeks, finely sliced
2 medium tomatoes, quartered
2 medium potatoes, roughly chopped
3 2/3 cups water or stock
flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Melt butter with a bit of olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the leeks and cook with the sea salt until soft and translucent, but not colored. Add the tomatoes and cook until soft and releasing juices. Add the potatoes and water or stock.
- Simmer until potatoes are cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Blend everything until smooth using a blender or stick blender.
- Bring the soup back to a simmer, and add the dash of cream if you so desire. Taste for seasoning.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve.
- Serves 4.
- To make vegan, skip the cream, use vegan butter sticks, use water or vegetable stock.