|stew with beef|
2 lbs stew meat (beef or beefless)
2 4-oz cans tomato sauce
½ lb carrots
1-3 stalks celery
½ lb brussel sprouts
1 onion1 cup water
|stew with vegan meat|
- Cut vegetables to desired size.
- Flour and brown stew meat with 3 shakes of garlic salt, bay leaves, and a shake of pepper.
- Add water and 1 can of tomato sauce. Add vegetables. Add second can of tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook at 150o in electric fry-pan or low on stove-top for an hour or so until fork tender.
- Stir occasionally. Remove bay leaves before serving.
- Serves 4-8.
- I halved the recipe for the above images.
- I used Gardein beefless tips for my vegan stew. I normally don't like those much, but by browning them and throwing them in about 30 minutes, they absorbed the flavor of the stew really well.
- I was a little lazy and used baby carrots rather than cut large carrots up.