2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/8 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ripe medium-large bananas, mashed
1/2 cup chopped walnuts1/3 cup chopped walnuts (in addition to 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan and dust with flour.
- Blend the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Mix the egg, sugar, and vegetable oil until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and when blended, add the buttermilk, vanilla, and mashed bananas; mix well.
- Fold 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts and pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Top the batter with remaining 1/3 cup of walnuts.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.