3 cups rolled oats
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup cashews
3/4 cup shredded sweet coconut
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins (or substitute dried cranberries, dried cherries, or dried blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, and salt. Combine both mixtures and pour onto 2 sheet pans. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
- (A tip: put your sheets in top 3rd and bottom 3rd of oven. Every 15 minutes when you stir, switch pans in their positions.)
- Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl.
- Add raisins (if you so choose) and mix until evenly distributed.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- The nutrition guide at right is per serving. Honestly, we eat more like 1/4 cup when we eat granola - probably about 1/4 of a serving. This is when I wish I had a bomb calorimeter to estimate my own per real serving Calories.
- Original Recipe
- Pin It