Ingredients:Loaf Challah bread
2 cups milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp vanilla
- Cut Challah loaf into 12 or so 1.5-2” thick slices. Let sit overnight (about 8 hours or so.)
- Beat eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla together. Pour into an 8 x 11” pan or larger. Soak each side of each slice of Challah bread.
- Melt a little butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Place 2-3 slices of the soaked bread in the pan and cook each side until a golden brown. Keep warm in a warm oven until all slices are cooked.
- Freeze uneaten slices and use as toaster French toast (like toaster waffles) a morning you don't have time to make such a delicious breakfast.
- Nutrition data is per slice.
- Eat topped with cinnamon & sugar or whipped cream or syrup or powdered sugar or fruit (or all of it!)
- Pin It