Cookies2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Filling:
4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
6 tablespoons butter, softened
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease or line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin and vanilla extract; beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture until combined.
- Drop by heaping measuring teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets. (A total of 72 cookies are needed for the recipe.)
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until springy to the touch. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Cream Cheese Filling
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Spread a heaping teaspoon of filling onto flat side of one cookie; top with flat side of second cookie to make a sandwich. Repeat with remaining cookies and filling. Store in covered container in refrigerator.
- Makes 36 mini-whoopie pies
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook 10-13 minutes
- Nutrition facts are per whoopie pie
- Pin It