Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Baked Lasagna Wraps


When I saw this recipe, I was very excited to give it a try. It sounded so good; and it was! I wanted to half the recipe because it makes 4, and I didn't want a ton of leftovers because I have lots of fresh meals to make, but now I'm kind of happy I didn't. I got the recipe from Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor, but I altered it to fit my tastebuds.

Ingredients:
10-oz frozen spinach
15-oz extra firm tofu, drained
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt
pepper
2 cups marinara sauce
vegan parmesan
4 flour tortillas (burrito size)

Directions:


  1. Preheat oven to 425F.
  2. Cook spinach according to package directions, squeezing out excess liquid.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, crumble tofu.
  4. Mix in lemon, nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder until well combined.
  5. Fold in spinach and 1 cup marinara.
  6. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add more Italian seasoning or garlic if desired.
  7. Spread mixture onto tortillas and roll up.
  8. Place crease side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
  9. Bake 15-20 minutes.
  10. Warm remaining cup of marinara and drizzle over wraps.
  11. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve.

Notes:


  • Serves 4.
  • Per serving: 424 calories, 13.7g fat, 51.8g carbs, 12.0g fiber, 12.6g sugars, 28.0g protein
  • For just cooked wraps, heat the filling (or serve cold), and do not bake. Serve with warmed marinara.

No comments:

Post a Comment