This was amazing! It takes a little long for a regular weekday breakfast, but I think I'll be having it fairly regularly for a weekend breakfast. It came from the Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor Big Breakfast Book. I submitted this photo as a part of the March Madness Challenge on Instagram. This might be fun to make several of these during a brunch.
6 tbsp dry rolled oats
1 tbsp oat flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp applesauce
3-4 tbsp almond milk
3 oz yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, combine oats, oat flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add in the maple syrup, vanilla, applesauce, and 2 tbsp milk.
- Stir and add more milk until batter forms. The mixture should be wet, but not runny.
- Transfer mixture to a ramekin.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, until the top is set and golden.
- Top with yogurt and sprinkles.
- Serves 1
- Per serving: 271 calories, 3.9g fat, 46.9g carbs, 4.1g fiber, 20g sugar, 9.8g protein
- Add a side of fruit.