About 5 years ago, I discovered risotto. I love risotto. Imagine my delight when Tuscany Risotto showed up about 1 month after I started getting meal plans from the Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor. The above photo is one-half of one serving. The serving was nearly as large as my big plate, but it wasn't particularly pretty for the photo. I submitted this photo on Instagram as a part of the March Madness challenges.
1 1/2 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp miso paste
12-oz riced cauliflower (available from Trader Joe's in frozen section)
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 cups kale
2 tbsp almond milk
- In a small bowl, whisk tahini, nutritional yeast, and miso together. Set aside.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Saute onion and garlic until translucent.
- Stir in riced cauliflower and cook a couple minutes, adding splashes of broth to prevent sticking and stirring occasionally.
- Add tahini mixture plus remaining broth and cooked rice, stirring to combine.
- Cover and simmer for a few minutes.
- Uncover and stir in kale until it softens.
- Continue to heat over low, stirring, until kale incorporates and excess liquid cooks off.
- Add milk to cream it up, adding more as desired.
- Let rest a few minutes.
- Top with a dash of garlic powder and black pepper.
- Serves 2
- Per serving: 404 calories, 8.4g fat, 71.9g carbs, 9.7g fiber, 6.5g sugars, 15.1g protein
- Add in some steamed carrots.