A great dish that can be a side or entree. There is some time in the prep, so it would be great to have a rice cooker. There's some other kitchen appliances that cook lentil, which might also be helpful. I got this meal from the Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor.
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 cup cooked green lentils
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp agave
1 tsp rice vinegar
- Cook rice and lentils according to package (or internet or appliance) directions.
- Make Kung Pao Sauce by whisking the soy sauce, cornstarch, agave, and rice vinegar in a bowl.
- Heat a couple tablespoons oil in a skillet and saute peppers until tender.
- Add cooked lentils and Kung Pao Sauce, mix until well combined.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and heat until everything is warm.
- Let rest a few minutes.
- Served over the cooked brown rice.
- Serves 2.
- Per serving: 413 calories, 2g fat, 80.8g carbs, 17.2g fiber, 7.3g sugar, 18g protein.
- Add additional veggies or peanuts.