I was surprised at the flavors of this. Be careful picking your salsa and guacamole. I got this meal from Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor.
2 corn tortillas
1 sweet potato, diced
2-3 tsp Taco Seasoning
½ small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
15-oz can pinto beans, undrained
1 cup (9 oz) salsa
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place tortillas right on the rack and bake until crispy, 5-10 mins. Crumble into chips. Set aside.
- Place cubed potatoes in a colander and rinse under cold water, shaking off excess water but leaving potatoes damp.
- Toss potatoes with Taco Seasoning.
- Spread out on baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes. Flip, and bake another 10-20 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Sauté onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add beans (with their liquid).
- Turn off heat and mash beans well using a fork or potato masher.
- Add Taco Seasoning to taste.
- Cook until it thickens and reduces a bit.
- Spoon into bowls and top with potatoes, salsa and guacamole.
- Crumble corn chips over top.
- Serves 2
- Per serving: 408 calories, 7.6g fat, 69.8g carbs, 18.2g fiber, 9.7g sugars, 18.1g protein
- You can add corn or black olives.