Prior to learning I was allergic to bananas (the hard way), we used to collect banana bread recipes that we thought were especially good. I don't know where this one came from; we've had it for over a decade. Note that when it says bundt pan, it means bundt pan. I lost my bundt pan, so I tried to make it in bread pans. That doesn't work. You must use a bundt pan for this one.
2 sticks butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
2 ripe bananas, mashed
4 cups + 2 tbsp flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup sour cream
non-stick cooking spray or butter and flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease and flour the pan.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a stand mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating for a few seconds after each addition.
- Add mashed bananas and beat.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and sour cream alternately to the banana mixture in the stand mixer. Beat well until all combined.
- Transfer dough into bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Invert onto a cooling rack, and allow cake to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
- You really do have to use a bundt pan.
- I would have shown you an actual slice, but my kids were eating them already.