If you do Meatless Mondays, how about Salad Mondays? I am such a fan of Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor salads. I put salads as sides, because that's how many folks think of them, but this could be eaten as an entree, which is what I did.
½ cup corn
1½ cups fresh green beans, cut into 1” pieces
½ cup dry couscous or 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
2 cooked potatoes, diced
1 tomato, diced
½ cup fresh basil, chopped
1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
2 tbsp vegetable broth
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
½ tsp agave nectar
salt and pepper, to taste
- Make Dressing: Whisk ingredients together. Taste, adding more garlic as desired plus salt and black pepper.
- Warm or thaw corn if frozen. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and cook 5 minutes or until tender but still crisp.
- Pour ⅔-cup of the hot water over couscous in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Drain green beans and immediately rinse under cold water, until they're cool.
- After 5 minutes of soaking couscous in hot water, fluff couscous.
- In a large bowl, toss fluffed couscous with potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, corn, basil, and oregano. Toss with dressing until well mixed.
- If serving as entree, serves 2.
- Per serving: 380 calories, 1.4g fat, 81.9g carbs, 11.3g fiber, 6.3g sugars, 12.8g protein
- Can add white beans or chickpeas.